Kids get rewarded all the time. Sometimes its a simple star on their paper, and that star means the world to them. Any parent with a frig full of starred and smiley faced papers will agree. It does not take much to feel special to children because they simply enjoy the act of being honored without value being added to it.
I have found that the last person rewarded in many households is the mom. The one person busting their butt for everyone inside and outside the home. Your mom orchestrates the ballet of soccer, school projects, scouts, meals, laundry, dishes and "Oh mom, I need 12 things that start with the letter 'H' by tomorrow morning." And she does it with a smile (at least it looks like a smile).
Slowly the clutter begins to build up around the house. There are only so many hours in a day and you begin to believe you can not get cultivation up, so what's the point in trying?
"If you think you can or think you can not, you are right," is the famous saying by Henry Ford.
Challenge yourself to stop the "I can not" thinking and turn yourself around. It took time for the clutter to build. It will take time for it to get under control. Be patient with yourself.
Let me suggest this:
1. With notepad in hand, walk through your home and note the areas you want to work on.
2. Choose an area to get organized, schedule it on your calendar.
3. Break the project down into small tasks. Instead of organize kitchen, think organize upper cabinets, lower cabinets, junk drawer, pantry, or counter top.
4. Take on one small task and complete it.
5. Schedule your next project.
6. REWARD YOURSELF !! Take a couple minutes longer in the shower, let the kids eat cookies for breakfast so you can sleep in a bit, go for a walk after dinner by yourself … geez, sometimes going to the bathroom by yourself is a treat!
Post your list of projects to complete and put stars next to them as you complete them. It may sound elementary, though remember how great you felt in school when your teacher put a star on you paper. Do not forget: Your home is going to be feeling better and better with each task you complete.
How do you reward yourself?Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Der Immoblienmakler für Heidelberg Mannheim und Karlsruhe
Wir verkaufen für Verkäufer zu 100% kostenfrei
Schnell, zuverlässig und kompetent
Source by Angie Weid