HD Radio is also known as High-Definition Radio. It first landed onto the market many years ago. The reasons why most consumers are unaware of the HD Radio option include the cost of equipment purchase, lack of marketing and push for satellite radio. HD Radio is free of charge. But, unlike satellite radio, you are required to purchase expensive equipment in order to get the exciting experience of this innovative technology. If you are considering purchase of such equipment, you must first understand the basis of the technology and its advantages and disadvantages. This way, you can find yourself in a much better position to determine what listening option is best for you.
Advantages of HD Radio The advantages of the HD Radio can be listed as follows.
- It offers new and crisp, crystal-clear sound.
- The HD Radio uses the advanced technology to display informational text on the radio screen.
- This advanced digital display mechanism of the HD Radio has now enabled syndicated radio programs to provide regional and local information in a text format.
- Both AM and FM frequencies are offered on HD Radio.
- Because of this hottest new technology, the current AM sound will improve to the level at which we hear FM radio signal today.
- Eventually, the listener gets more options in radio as the AM channels become more clear.
Disadvantages to HD Radio The disadvantages to HD Radio may include the following. ·
- The HD Radio is not able to speak with a disc jockey.
- HD Radio is designed to automate. It means it does not require disc jockey service. Therefore, if you have a question about an artist or a song, there will be no one to contact.
- You may be listening to a continuous music format and nothing more because not all HD channels are presently using digital text display.
- The equipment you need to purchase is quite expensive. The cost to purchase the equipment varies to purchase prices upwards of $1000 each.
- However, you can also find a less expensive version in a clock radio, but cost still remains the primary factor, which prevents many from biting into the HD Radio market.
Criticism The HD Radio system has not been immune to criticisms.
- Many find the claims of higher audio quality to be exaggerated or even untrue when multicasting is used, as individual channel rates are reduced.
- Some also report a decrease in audio quality on the analog signal of stations that have taken up the system.
- Another common criticism is that the use of the digital transmission format on the medium wave (AM) band is unreasonable because of high levels of interference and noise on the band.
Thus, there are various advantages and disadvantages of HD Radio. Therefore, you need to be prudent before you purchase the expensive equipment to enjoy the new technology.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Source by Dominic Ferrara