How do you check your web-based email accounts like Gmail, Hotmail and MSN. You connect to Internet open a web-browser type in the user name and password of your emai account and you access your mails, you read mails, you compose mails staying online and you send them once you are done.
What do you do when you want to read a mail you have got long back or a mail which you have sent sometime back, you do the above process again connect to internet, login to your mail account and do it. But do you know that most web-based email service providers allow pop3 forwarding…by using which you can configure web-based email accounts to be accessed by using Microsoft Outlook or Outlook express which comes with Office and Windows respectively.
Below configuration setting would tell you how to configure Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 and earlier versions of Outlook with a MSN email account.
1. Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click the Mail icon.
3. Click E-mail Accounts.
4. Click to select Add a new e-mail account, and then click Next.
5. Click to select POP3, and then click Next.
6. Type the following setting information:
a. In the Your Name box: type you name as you want it to appear to recipients.
b. In the Incoming Mail Server (POP3) box: type pop3.email.msn.com.
c. In the E-mail Address box: type your e-mail address.
For example: “email@example.com”.
d. In the Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) box: type smtp.email.msn.com.
e. In the User Name box, type your MSN account name.
f. Click to check the Remember Password checkbox.
g. In the Password box, type your MSN password.
h. Click to check the Log on using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) checkbox.
7. Click More Settings.
8. On the Outgoing Server tab, click to select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication box.
9. Click to select Use same settings as my incoming mail server, and then click OK.
You can now send and receive MSN POP3 messages.Immobilienmakler Heidelberg Makler Heidelberg
Source by Sunil Saripalli